Mobile Host enables the provisioning of Web Services from mobile devices in a scalable and reliable fashion. In addition, Mobile Host aids in the orchestration of mobile-cloud-services by supporting a scalable and efficient asynchronous communication mechanism
Mobile Web Service Provisioning
Mobile devices are now equipped with embedded sensors, camera, touchscreen, more memory and processing capabilities as well as more efficient power consumption mechanisms. Moreover, due to the release of the iOS and Android OS the mobile applications have increased in number and complexity due to the increasing demand of more numerous and sophisticated applications. In addition, transmission rates have also increased thanks to 3G and 4G technologies as well as WiFi, enabling the mobile devices to access the Internet almost ubiquitously. Altogether those improvements enable the mobile devices to perform tasks that normally run in personal computers like the provisioning of services to other devices. Consequently, such enhancements enabled the next generation of services which can be provided not only from dedicated servers but also from mobile devices.
Applications from several domains, such as location based services, m-banking, collaboration and content sharing, context-awareness, collaboration, social networks, social media and smart environments, benefit from such Mobile Host. Furthermore, Mobile Host suits well for the consumption and orchestration of mobile-cloud-services by enabling a scalable and efficient asynchronous communication mechanism for mobile devices and mobile cloud services. Finally, Mobile Host supports asynchronous communication among service providers and service clients, which is a key feature in pervasive mobile applications and the invocation of cloud-based services.
Open source: https://bitbucket.org/mobilecloudlab/mobilehostdist/
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Satish Narayana Srirama
- Carlos Paniagua
- Pätris Halapuu
- S. N. Srirama, C. Paniagua: Mobile Web Service Provisioning and Discovery in Android Days, The 2013 IEEE International Conference on Mobile Services (MS 2013), June 27 – July 02, 2013, pp. 15-22. IEEE.
- S. N. Srirama: MWSMF: A Mediation Framework for Mobile Hosts and Enterprise on Cloud, International Journal of Pervasive Computing and Communications, ISSN: 1742-7371, 7(4):316-338, 2011. Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- S. N. Srirama, E. Vainikko, M. Jarke: Scaling Mobile Enterprise Through Cloud Computing, 7th ACM International Conference on Pervasive Services (ICPS 2010), July 13-16, 2010, pp. 69-72. ACM Press.
- M. A. Chatti, S. N. Srirama, I. Ivanova, M. Jarke: The MobileHost CoLearn System: Mobile Social Software for Collaborative Learning, International Journal of Mobile Learning and Organisation (IJMLO), Special Issue on: “Developing Themes in Mobile Learning”, 4(1), (2010): 15-38. Inderscience Publishers.
- S. N. Srirama, M. Jarke: Mobile Hosts in Enterprise Service Integration, International Journal of Web Engineering and Technology (IJWET), 5(2) (2009): 187-213. Inderscience Publishers.
- S. N. Srirama, M. Jarke: Mobile Enterprise – A Case Study of Enterprise Service Integration, 3rd International Conference and Exhibition on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services and Technologies (NGMAST 2009), September 15-18, 2009, pp. 101-107. IEEE Computer Society.
- S. N. Srirama, M. Jarke, W. Prinz: MWSMF: A Mediation Framework Realizing Scalable Mobile Web Service Provisioning, International Conference on MOBILe Wireless MiddleWARE, Operating Systems, and Applications (Mobilware 2008), February 12-15, 2008. ACM Press.
- S. N. Srirama, M. Jarke, W. Prinz: Mobile Web Services Mediation Framework, Middleware for Service Oriented Computing (MW4SOC) Workshop @ 8th International Middleware Conference 2007, November 26-30, 2007, pp. 6-11. ACM Press.
- S. N. Srirama, M. Jarke, W. Prinz: Mobile Host: A Feasibility Analysis of Mobile Web Service Provisioning, 4th International Workshop on Ubiquitous Mobile Information and Collaboration Systems (UMICS 2006) @ 18th Int. Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE’06), June 5-6, 2006.
- S. N. Srirama, M. Jarke, W. Prinz: Mobile Web Service Provisioning, Proceedings of the Advanced International Conference on Telecommunications and International Conference on Internet and Web Applications and Services (AICT-ICIW 2006), February 23-25, 2006, pp. 120-125. IEEE Computer Society Press.
- C. Paniagua, Discovery and Push Notification Mechanisms for Mobile Cloud Services, Master’s thesis, University of Tartu, June, 2012. Supervisor: Satish Srirama
- S. N. Srirama: Mobile Hosts in Enterprise Service Integration, PhD thesis, RWTH Aachen University, September, 2008.
- S. N. Srirama: Concept, implementation and performance testing of a mobile Web Service provider for smart phones, Master thesis, RWTH Aachen University, July, 2004.